Know Before You Go
NOTE: Those below 18 may skip the line when accompanied by a ticket holding adult, but they must pay a 2 Euro fee at the ticket booth. A document as proof of age must also be submitted at the time of entry.
- You MUST carry valid ID with you and present it at the time of entry if requested. Should you fail to do so, venue authorities may deny you entry and such instances are not liable for reschedules or refunds.
- 2nd Jan - 15th Feb : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- 16th Feb - 15th Mar : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- 16th Mar - 30th Mar : 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- 31st Mar - 31st Aug: 8:30 AM - 7:15 PM
- 1st Sept - 30th Sept : 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- 1st Oct - 26th Oct : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- 27th Oct - 31st Dec : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- 16th Mar - 30th Mar : 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Last Entry at 4:30 PM)
- 31st Mar - 31st Aug: 8:30 AM - 7:15 PM (Last Entry at 6:15 PM)
- 1st Sept - 30th Sept : 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM (Last Entry at 6 PM)
- 1st Oct - 26th Oct : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Last Entry at 5:30 PM)
- 27th Oct - 31st Dec : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Last Entry at 4:30 PM)
Your tickets are timed so you must enter the Colosseum at the time slot selected at the time of booking. You can visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill any time during operating hours on the same or the next day. If you choose an afternoon slot to visit the Colosseum, you will not have sufficient time to visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill on the same day. Should you wish to conclude your visit on the same day, please plan your visit to the Colosseum accordingly.
Note: Please note that entry to the Colosseum is free on the first Sunday of every month.
The Colosseum can be reached by metro line B, train line 3, or via buses 75, 81, 673, 175, and 204. If you’re coming from Rome’s Termini train station, the quickest and most efficient way to reach the Colosseum is by metro. If you prefer to get there on foot, it’s about a 30-minute walk from the train station.
The tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; as such we recommend wearing comfortable attire and suitable walking shoes.
For safety and security reasons, no large backpacks or pieces of luggage are allowed inside the Colosseum. No storage facility is available. You can, however, take a baby stroller into the Colosseum with you, should it be necessary.