Know Before You Go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
This tour takes place at 12:00 PM from Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sunday). Please be sure to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
From 1st April to 31th October
- English, German, Spanish and French tours are available every day.
- Italian only on Saturdays. The visit is monolingual.
From 2nd November to 31st March
The visit could be bilingual.
English tours are available daily. German tours are available on Monday and Friday. French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. While Spanish is available on Wednesday and Saturday.
- August 15th
- November 1st
- December 8th, 25th
- January 1st, 6th
- February 24th
- April 18th, 25th
During unplanned religious celebrations or in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
Arriving by Public Vaporetto
If you are taking line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso”. If you are taking line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti”. After you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving by Private Watertaxi
Ask the driver to take you to the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower. The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
The Basilica is a house of worship and therefore, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica. Prior to your visit, you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge. Make sure to have enough time to do so prior to your visit.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.