Know Before You Go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sunday).
- There is only one slot daily that starts at 9:00 AM.
- The waking tour starts at 9:00 AM and the Basillica tour starts at 12:00 AM
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure.
- The tour does not operate on August 15th, November 1st, December 8th , December 25th, January 1st, January 6th, February 24th and during unplanned religious celebrations or in the case of an exceptional high tide.
- The approximate duration of the tour is about 2.5 hours.
St Mark's Square- Clocktower near the Exchange Office ( White building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will be there with a signboard that reads TOUR.
Guided Tour Commentary languages
1 April 2018 - 31 October 2018
- Everyday: English, Spanish, German and French
- Saturday: English, Spanish, German, French and Italian
The visit is monolingual.
1 November 2018 - 31 March 2019
- Everyday: English
- Monday and Friday: German
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: French
- Wednesday and Saturday: Spanish
This visit could be bilingual.
Arriving By Public Vaporetto:
Take line #1 and get off at San Marco Vallaresso stop or line #2 and get off at San Marco Giardinetti stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right towards the Exchange Building. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving By Private Watertaxi:
Get dropped at the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you get off, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right and find under the Clock Tower our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR.
Arriving On Foot:
The Clock Tower is located on Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight ahead leaving the Basilica to your right and you will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR under the Clock Tower.
The Basilica is a house of worship and therefore, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica. Prior to your visit, you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.